Did you just come back from his place and now Googling ‘what to text a guy after hooking up‘, you need to read this post and find out the answer.
Well, so you went to a guy’s place, hooked up, and now you’re on your phone, going back and forth from his chat room, wondering what to text him. Seriously, what do you normally say to a guy you just hooked up with?
He’s cute, he’s nice, and the sex was good. But you find yourself having a tough time and end up Googling ‘what to text a guy after hooking up’. Luckily for you, that Google search result brought you here and I’m here to help you with this dilemma.
First of all, I need you to STOP.
Before you wonder about what to text a guy after hooking up, ask yourself;
What are you looking for?
- Are you looking for a relationship with him?
- Do you just want a FWB kind of situation?
- Or are you just trying to thank him for a good time?
This changes the results of ‘what to text a guy after hooking up’.
If you’re looking for a relationship
If you can’t get him out of your mind and you want to have something more than just sex on a daily with him, then you could text him these and see how he responds. The only thing is that you should probably read the room before sending him a message; does he seem like he’s up for it?
- I had fun last night, let’s do it again some time. Maybe get some dinner before that?
- Last night was fun! If you’re not busy, want to get some food next time?
- Hey, I had a really good time last night. And I do want to get to know you better, if you feel the same way?
- Thanks for last night, I had a great time. Want to get drinks some time?
The goal here isn’t for him to already be 100% down to be in a relationship with you, but it’s to get to know each other better, have a few dates first before deciding whether you want him as your lover or not.
If you’re looking for a FWB
This one is pretty easy. If the sex was great and you’re looking for more, you just need to text him some hot, spicy texts to get him in the mood. Praise his performance a little bit, make him feel good about himself, and tell him you felt really good last time too.
- That was the best sex I’ve had in a while, wanna go again any time soon?
- So, round 2 tomorrow?
- Last night was great. Would love to see you again soon.
- I had fun last night. Meet again soon?
- I can’t stop thinking about last night. Let’s do it again soon.
Surely you understand what’s going on here. Spice it up, and if you want to bring the heat up even more, send him a picture. You know what picture I’m talking about.
If you’re just thanking him for a good time.
Maybe the sex wasn’t great, or maybe it was but you just don’t want to see him again but you feel bad if you straight up ignore him. Which is why you’re here. You don’t want him to get the idea that you’re expecting something from him, and you’re trying to end things on a good note with him.
- Hey I had a good time last night, it was nice meeting you.
- Great meeting you last night!
- Thanks for last night, I had a good time.
Or say nothing. Doesn’t really mean you’re ghosting him unless he texted you and you purposely ignored him. Sometimes you can’t guess what he’s thinking about, shocker, and sometimes it’s better to stay quiet.
The answer to what to text a guy after hooking up is easy. The point here is good communication. Whether he’s your friend or just a complete stranger, it wouldn’t hurt to be considerate of their feelings while also telling them what you’re looking for. You never know, you might just like or dislike this guy more than you thought you would.